New Jersey SSD Attorney
A childhood disability may interfere with daily functioning and school. Luckily, an experienced lawyer can help you take action today in order to have a fair chance to get Social Security disability benefits. At the West Caldwell and Absecon law offices of Sheryl Gandel Mazur, we protect the rights of children faced with a wide range of disabilities. Whether the condition is autism, pervasive developmental disorders, learning disabilities, attention deficit disorder, epilepsy, cerebral palsy or cancer, we can help you get the benefits you deserve.
Dedicated to Social Security Issues
Contact Sheryl Gandel Mazur Today
If you have been diagnosed with a childhood disability, the Social Security Administration will base your benefits on your diagnosis and how the condition impacts your daily living and functioning. Children with disabilities must show that their condition meets the criteria established in applicable regulations and rulings. We can help you receive the disability benefits you deserve, including if you have been diagnosed with any of the following:
- Cerebral Palsy: The Social Security Administration evaluates cerebral palsy based on how it affects motor function, cognitive and communicative skills. Because it is a disability that starts in childhood and often remains stable throughout life, it is important to get proper care today so you can have access to proper treatment.
- Learning Disabilities: The Social Security Administration reviews childhood learning disabilities under the criteria for congenital mental retardation, organic mental disabilities, or other, more specialized, functional domains. Many children with learning disabilities also have ADHD or other overlapping mental or mood disorders.
- Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorders: A collection of disorders that cause delays in the regular development of social and communication skills, the onset of PDD's — such as autism, Asperger's Syndrome and Rett's Syndrome —most often occur before age three.
- Growth Disorders: Children who are much smaller or larger than their peers may suffer from a growth disorder caused by a pituitary gland issue. Other childhood disabilities that can impact growth include cystic fibrosis, Turner Syndrome, Crohn's Disease and disorders of the musculoskeletal system or growth plates.
Dedicated to fighting for children with disabilities, we will help your family through every step of the process, from your initial filing to federal appeals:
- Initial filings of Social Security disability claims
- Appeals of initial denials
- ALJ Hearings
- Claims at the Appeals Council
- Appealing claims in Federal District Court
From New Brunswick to Atlantic City, we help disabled children throughout New Jersey get the SSD benefits they deserve. Our West Caldwell and Absecon law offices are open weekdays from nine to five. Call us toll free at 866-929-8220 or contact us on-line today for a free initial consultation.