New Jersey Attorney Experienced In SSD For Disabled Children

Many people who have adult children who are unable to provide for themselves due to a disability have questions about using SSDI benefits to care for them.

If certain requirements are met, an adult can use his or her work history to qualify a disabled adult child for SSDI benefits. At The Law Offices of Sheryl Gandel Mazur, our experienced attorney helps people in northern and southern New Jersey navigate this often complex process. If you have questions about applying for benefits for your child, we can help you every step of the way.

Disability Benefits For Adult Disabled Children

Unmarried children over the age of 18 can qualify for SSDI benefits if they have a disability starting prior to age 22.

In addition, their disability must meet the same criteria that adults seeking SSDI benefits for themselves must meet. This means that they must have a medical condition that is expected to last for more than a year or that can result in death.

  • A child can have a physical condition such as cancer, cerebral palsy or brain injuries.
  • A child can have a mental condition such as learning disabilities or intellectual disabilities.

We can represent siblings, aunts, uncles or cousins — anyone who cares for an adult disabled child eligible to receive SSDI benefits.

Contact Us For A Free Consultation | Se Habla Español

If you have questions about SSDI benefits for your disabled child, contact our New Jersey lawyer for a free consultation. Call 973-200-6629 in North New Jersey or 609-207-7905 in South New Jersey.

The Law Offices of Sheryl Gandel Mazur represents clients throughout New Jersey from offices in Essex County and Atlantic County.