Sheryl Gandel Mazur, principal attorney at our firm, has been practicing law since 1979. She is a longtime advocate for the rights of the disabled. In college, as a speech and language pathology major, attorney Mazur volunteered her time working with disabled children in various school and clinical settings. In law school, attorney Mazur participated in the law school Disability Law Project advocating for the disabled. The Law Office of Sheryl Gandel Mazur was established in 1987. Prior to establishing our firm, attorney Mazur was a staff attorney with the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review. She is admitted to practice in New Jersey state courts, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. She is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, as well as a sustaining member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR).
- Married, with three children.
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland, J.D.
- George Washington University, B.A.
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- New Jersey, 1982
- Maryland, 1979 (inactive)
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Office of Disability Adjudication and Review, Staff Attorney
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR)
- New Jersey State Bar Ethics Committee, Essex County VC, Former Volunteer
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Principal Attorney