How Can I Get An Expedited Decision From Social Security?
Social Security allows expedited processing of “critical cases” under five categories:
- A claimant is terminally ill [TERI];
- A claimant is considered a “military service casualty case” due to a severe injury that occurred on or after October 1, 2001;
- The case is a “compassionate allowance case” (type in “compassionate allowance” on the SSA. Gov home page search for the two lists of these conditions);
- The claimant is a “dire needs” case, i.e. he/she is unable to obtain food, medical or shelter;
- There is evidence or indication that the claimant is suicidal or homicidal.
If you feel that you fall within a “critical case” category, let your attorney or Social Security Administration know immediately.