Social Security Claims For Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia is a severe, disabling brain disorder whose sufferers may develop delusional or visual or auditory hallucinations. Schizophrenics frequently experience serious, debilitating paranoia. With schizophrenia, paranoia or other psychotic disorders, an individual may have periods of remission with productive functioning followed by episodes of deterioration into a psychotic state where they are not able to function.
The Law Offices of Sheryl Gandel Mazur is ready to help you get the Social Security Disability Benefits you need.
Schizophrenia is more common among men than women and usually begins in the late teens or early adulthood. Medical intervention can be successful but several drug trials are often necessary to find the one that is most effective for the individual. Symptoms include:
- Unusual thoughts or perceptions
- Thought disorders
- Disorders of movement, such as a catatonic state, inability to initiate plans or grossly disorganized behavior, illogical or incoherent speech or thinking, emotional withdrawal or isolation
In order to prove your disability to Social Security, you need to either document that your condition or conditions meet or equal in severity the criteria found in the Social Security Commissioner’s regulations or, if you are an adult, that your condition and symptoms are so severe that you are unable to work.
If you are a child under 18, you must similarly show that your condition or conditions meet or equal in severity the criteria in the Social Security Commissioner’s regulations or that your condition or conditions functionally equals the Commissioner’s regulations. The Newark-area The Law Offices of Sheryl Gandel Mazur has an experienced disability attorney and has been representing individuals in their Social Security disability appeals for more than 30 years. Let our lawyer help you receive your Social Security disability benefits.
Representation From The Law Offices of Sheryl Gandel Mazur
Our disability law firm represents individuals:
- In filing their initial disability applications
- In handling cases at the initial level including appealing initial denials
- In handling cases at the reconsideration level including appealing reconsideration denials
- In handling cases at the hearings level
- In appealing and handling cases at the Appeals Council level
- In appealing and handling cases at the Federal Court level
This firm also handles SSI child’s disability cases at all levels.
The Law Offices of Sheryl Gandel Mazur represents clients throughout North and South New Jersey. Offices are open weekdays from nine to five, and your phone call will be promptly returned, to get you the answers you need.
With offices in both Essex County and Atlantic County, we are able to conveniently serve people from throughout the state.