At The Law Offices of Sheryl Gandel Mazur, we help clients throughout North and South New Jersey who have multiple sclerosis. From Atlantic City to Paterson, we help multiple sclerosis patients obtain the Social Security benefits they need and deserve. To discuss your claim, contact a skilled attorney online. In a free initial consultation, we will help you understand your legal options.
SSD Benefits For Multiple Sclerosis in New Jersey
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease that affects the nervous system, including the brain and spinal cord causing:
- Muscle weakness, coordination and balance issues
- Visual and cognitive problems
- Physical sensations such as numbness, tingling or prickling
These symptoms occur when the sheath that protects the nerve cells becomes damaged. This causes messages between the nerves and brain to be disrupted.
There is no known cause or cure for MS but drug therapies, including Corticosteroid medications such as Avonex, Betaseron, Rebif, Copaxone, Novantrone and Tysabri can slow the progress of the disease and alleviate symptoms. MS is most likely to occur in women age 20 to 40, but also occurs in men and can cause loss of ability or limitations in ability to speak, see and/or walk.
How To Qualify For SSD Benefits With Multiple Sclerosis
In order to qualify for Social Security Disability benefits an individual must show severe limitations in motor function, vision or in mental or cognitive functioning. Also, documentation of significant reproducible fatigue in the muscle groups related to neurological dysfunction may be used to prove disability.
Our Social Security Disability Practice
Our disability law firm represents individuals throughout the Social Security process, including:
- Filing their initial disability applications
- Handling cases at the initial level including appealing initial denials
- Handling cases at the reconsideration level including appealing reconsideration denials
- Handling cases at the hearings level
- Appealing and handling cases at the Appeals Council level
- Appealing and handling cases at the federal court level
- Handling SSI child’s disability cases at all levels
Contact The Firm To Learn More About Disability For MS
The Law Offices of Sheryl Gandel Mazur represents clients throughout the state of New Jersey. If you’re dealing with MS and need a legal team who truly cares about you, give us a call or contact us online today.