Helping You Receive The SSDI Benefits You Need And Deserve
Sheryl Gandel Mazur
Sheryl Gandel Mazur
- Social Security -- Disability law
Sheryl Gandel Mazur, principal attorney at our firm, has been practicing law since 1979. She is a longtime advocate for the rights of the disabled. In college, as a speech and language pathology major, attorney Mazur volunteered her time working with disabled children in various school and clinical settings. In law school, attorney Mazur participated in the law school Disability Law Project advocating for the disabled. The Law Office of Sheryl Gandel Mazur was established in 1987. Prior to establishing our firm, attorney Mazur was a staff attorney with the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review. She is admitted to practice in the Maryland and New Jersey state courts, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. She is a member of the Essex County Bar Association and the New Jersey State Bar Association, as well as a sustaining member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR).
Married, with three children.
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- George Washington University
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- New Jersey, 1982
- Maryland, 1979
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
Classes & Seminars
- Speaker, Depression and BiPolar Support Alliance Annual Conference, May 7, 2011.
- Speaker and Panelist , NJ Law Review Cle on Social Security Disability Basics, December 9, 2010.
- Speaker and Author, NJ Institute for Continuing Education (NJ ICLE) Social Security Disability Seminar, May 1, 2006.
- Office of Disability Adjudication and Review, Staff Attorney
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR)
- New Jersey State Bar Ethics Committee, Essex County VC, Former Volunteer
- North Essex Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Essex County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Principal Attorney